Tuesday, January 27, 2009

India is Diverse with many languages – Respect all of them

Last November, When Mumbai was attacked by terrorists; it was Mumbai Cops and then the NSG Commandos belonging to various states who speaks Non-Marathi languages, has battled and rescued the people. 17 Policemen and 2 NSG commandos had sacrificed their lives too. At that moment, I thought that at least thereafter, MNS Party would have learnt that India is a diverse country with many languages and stop its heinous acts and Hooliganism against the people belonging to different region or different languages.

I really felt bad, when I watched this incident of MNS activists attacking a Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) school in Satpur suburb of the city, where a cultural programme of North Indians was being held and a session of Bhojpuri song was going on. I agree the language of the land to be prioritised but I don’t understand and gets puzzled thinking - why should they hurt other fellow Indians celebrating their language and cultural programme, is it all for a political milage?
There were few incidents in Tamilnadu last before year, few parties like PMK and others forcing the sign boards of shops to be only in Tamil. All for some political benefits

Even during my college days, I myself had seen hostility among students from Andhra and Tamilnadu. Those stray incidents still hurt me sometimes and I felt bad for even younger and well educated generation getting into it. I always beleived India as diverse country with multiple languages and respect them all since my childhood as my mother tongue is Tamil, born and brought up in Andhra studying Telugu and married to a Malayali living in Karnataka.

These political people are using it just for their gains and to get publicity. But the government shouldn’t be a mute spectator watching these people creating nuisance to Public. I hope the government takes stringent action against these people who creates disunity and attack the innocent people of India. Such organizations should be banned and people involved in such hooligan act should be punished under law.

If these leaders want to be so proud about their regionalism or nationalism, let them first eradicate Poverty, Illiteracy, Corruption and so many other developments in their states instead of doing all these non-sense.

I wish that the Modern India and Its young generation don’t restrict themselves into smaller Identity circles like Language/Religion instead respect all languages and states equally with acceptance towards all beings.

We all are Indians first and more than that humans. We are a miniscule in this grand universe.

Chandra.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I totally agree with what you have said. I think the government should ban these kinds of organizations which in name of religion are trying to divide the people of our country and are trying to build hatred about other religions and state.

What rights these MNS activists who attacked on the school in Mumbai or the Sri Ram Sena who attacked on the pub in Mangalore have to thrash people like this?? How can they take law in their hand??? Are they not instilling hatred in the minds of young kids and the youngsters??

Can these people or the organization tell us how India will progress if we don’t walk hand in hand? No economy can progress if the country itself is divided.

These MNS Activists should understand that attacking north Indians from Mumbai or any state feeling is going to harm the country itself. Where were these people when the Mumbai attacks were? Instead of attacking innocent people they should have attacked the terrorists or fought against them. What if the NSG commandos who were from different states had said they wont fight as its Maharashtra and not their state??

As an Indian I just feel I have the right to live, roam and work in any part of India. It’s my freedom? Who are these activists to stop me doing anything legally?

How are we supposed to fight with the terrorists when we ourselves are not united and are fighting amongst each other?

In the end I just want to say: We are First Indians whether we are from any state, whether we speak any language or whether we are of any religion… we are first Indians